Saturday, February 28, 2009

European Vacation..I want to go!!



Just recently, I was looking at one of my fave movies I grew up on during the the mid 1980’s, "National Lampoon European Vacation" starring Chevy Chase. It’s still gets more than a few laughs out of me every time I watch it; a good stress reliever. I should own it by now, but go figure. Although this is a hilarious parody of an All-American family the "Griswolds" winning a contest and going on a world tour trip, It really hit more home to me while watching it this time around. I can honestly say that them traveling to Paris, London, Italy, Rome is what we’re in some way attempting to do but through filming our own p.o.v. with hiphop thrown in the mix there and hey there ya go!. As goofy as Chevy is and the zany things that happen to his family, it really sparked my interest to travel abroad then as “wee lad.” I saw past the silly and saw these different places with various cityscapes, people, fashion, etc. and it really interested me. So now in the present I/we strive to make it work despite the economy and the stimulus bill, which I’m hopeful will be somewhat effective. We cant wait on that, our idea….This MOVEMENT-CULTURE didn’t wait on things to be perfect, and neither can we. So we’ll use what the ancestors(foremothers and forefathers) gave us and get it poppin, dun –sun!

"K-Easy"

No comments: